A Washington State University food scientist and colleagues at Texas A&M AgriLife Research claim in a study that peach extracts contain the mixture of phenolic compounds that can reduce a...
But there are certain foods which will truly help you drop those extra kilos. These will not only keep you fit but also save you from many cardiovascular diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, etc.
Here are 15 food and beverages to help you lose weight:
1. Cinnamon: Adding cinnamon in food helps control post meal insulin spikes, which makes you feel hungry. It also helps lowering blood sugar and cholesterol.
2. Fruits: Citrus Fruits are rich in vitamin C and foliate. They help in digestion of fatty foods and remove roughage. Other fruits like apple, pear and sugarcane that take time to chew and fill you up also help to reduce weight.
3. Eggs: These are the best source of protein and help you feel full in the stomach longer. The yolk contains antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and essential fatty acids.
4. Green Tea: A powerful beverage with great effect on fat loss. It contains antioxidants, caffeine, fat burning EGCG and helps in fighting cancer too.
5. High Fibre Cereals: Cereals provide the bulk in our food and fill up few calories. They comprise chapattis, cornflakes, dhokla, idlies, poha, etc.
6. Nuts: Nuts are the fatty food that actually help to burn the fat and curb your hunger. In fact, they are healthy fats with high levels of antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. They also have fibre and protein. Besides, they are convenient to eat and have longer shelf life.
7. Olive Oil: Olive oil is good for middle-aged people, especially women. Users can have olive oil in their food or can add olives themselves in the salad.
8. Potatoes: Potatoes are not behind fat problem as is widely thought. It’s the way we cook and eat them. When eaten without fatty garnishing, i.e. baked or boiled, they are good in the diet. They can be mashed and eaten with pepper and lime. Or you can go for a potato salad.
9. Salad: Salad is a premium source of fibre in the food. We can prepare it with asparagus, beans, beets, broccoli, cabbage, capsicum, carrots, cucumber, green beans, radish, spinach and tomatoes. We can have them in fat-free sandwiches also.
10. Salmon: An excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, salmon can burn fat content. In addition, it has high levels of protein.
11. Soup: Dal, mushroom, tomato and vegetable soups are very nutritious without having any fat content. But avoid cream soups and fatty garnishings.
12. Sprouted Pulses: Sprouted pulses gain fibre and vitamins. They help in the slimming process when eaten raw.
13. Vinegar: Vinegar is great filler. It slows the movement of food from stomach to intestine, hence making you feel full longer.
14. Yogurt: It contains only 56 calories if made from cow’s skimmed milk. It also fulfils the need of calcium, protein and vitamins. When taken with chopped fruits it can act as a delicious dessert.
15. Water: Along with all these, we should have lots and lots of water because it has no calories at all.
There is no magic diet for weight loss. These foods either fulfill our appetite with lesser calories or increase the metabolic rate of our body, enabling the body to process food faster.
By implementing some simple changes in our eating habits and adding these foods to our daily diet, we can lose weight and maintain a healthy, fit body.