Home Remedies for Gastric Problems
1. Ginger: A combination of equal quantities of ginger powder, carom seed (ajwain), and black salt after meals (1 gram) can give you fast relief from gas pain.
While having a meal you can take a small piece of ginger. To mask the bitter taste, sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice and add a pinch of black salt over it.
2. Asafoetida: Drinking 20ml of the solution made by dissolving about 2 grams of asafoetida (hing) in warm water works as a wonder home remedy for gastric problems.
3. Caraway Seeds: These help cure digestion and gastric problems. People in Middle Eastern countries chew some caraway seeds after dinner to ensure smooth digestion.
You can also adopt the alternate way of intake by making a tea preparation from the seeds.
4. Mint: This herb is very well known for its digestive properties and has been used for gastric ailments since ancient times. It cures indigestion, helps food move through the intestines properly, and eases stomach cramps.
5. Fennel Seeds: This is the most recommended remedy by herbal specialists. It soothes your upset stomach.
Teas Made from Herbs:
1. Ginger Tea: Simply add some small pieces of ginger to the water while making tea. The properties of ginger percolate in the water which help heal stomach ailments of all types.
2. Caraway Seed Tea: Place one teaspoon caraway seeds in a cup and add boiling water. Cover the cup and let stand for ten minutes. Strain well and drink up to three cups a day. Be sure to drink on an empty stomach.
3. Cinnamon Tea: The method of preparation is similar to caraway seed tea. The aromatic spice soothes the digestive tract and stimulates the digestive system.
Apart from these home remedies, you must tract your diet, opt for less fat foods, and eat moderately. Ease up on coffee, alcohol and smoking, and drink plenty of water. If the problem still persists, then check with a doctor.